View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 06:37 PM   #72
ToddBlack88
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
FIA said that RB failed to deliver required financial details and is in violation as what they have indicates over-spend. The verdict is in. RB has absolutly no defense to this other then they would rather look to fight this through speculation rather then disclose their required financials. It’s no longer speculation, it’s officially noted that RedBull is in breach/violation. I hope we get full disclosure as this comes to light over the coming days. RB is trying to minimize it, but it will come down to the actual amount/value and what practices RB did with the finances to hide or diminish. It’s possible RB is caught doing creative accounting as well. It’s going to come down to the flagrancy and total dollar value.

the rules state FIA possible punishment. Public reprimand, driver or constructors point deductions, suspension from future races, reduction in future R&D budgets.

Based on the flagrency, deception and total dollar… it’s going to range from nothing but a hand slap, which I think we’re well beyond that. If it turns out they spend a few million over cap then it should be a strong response and Max can loose his title with some point reductions. If it’s less than $1M then it can be reduction of future R&D or race suspension.

Either way, since the cost-cap is new, and is the future of F1 - IMO this needs to set a precedence setting punishment; they need to wallop RB for this if it turns out to be egregious as a few million over-spend is an absolute and significant advantage over a 22-24 race season.

I am assuming RB will give up their financials as required and agree to a full in-depth audit of their financial practices to determine exact over-spend. If RB drags this out refusing to provide access and details or respond to questions, then IMP they should disqualified from 2021 from all races, suspend for all of 2022, and banned for 2023 - there should be no room for RB to resist or fight this. Now RB would be crazy to let it go this far, but FIA/F1 needs to enforce this level of punishment for non-compliance.

I just saw they classified it as “minor breach” but that could still be millions which is substantial… I think <5% is the minor level which is $2.2M.

I read <5% , so somewhere between $0 and 7 million and change or so. 145 million cost cap. That’s a substantial amount if it’s near %5, but I don’t believe it’s that much.