View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #66
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The penalty for both teams is probably going to be so minor that's it's going to fail to set any precedent of breaching the cost cap. If so, I expect teams to fully exercise the "minor" breach and spend the entire 1% for 2022 for "an additional $1.4 million and take whatever minor penalty handed and explain that it's a rounding issue or was used on staff.

That's the problem with the FIA. Can't set proper rules and are afraid to enforce them with strict penalties.
Yeah that’s the issue isn’t it. Ross Brawn said the FIA have teeth and ANY overspend will be dealt with severely. But in the last paragraph they have said they have not made a formal investigation. So what have they done with so much at stake.

For me they have said this for two potential reasons.
  • That they want to say this year it’s not a big deal but next year it will be let’s go hard next year. Strange if that is the reason but possible.
  • Or is it that Deloitte the auditors don’t agree with what Redbull is telling them and thus what the FIA is doing about it isn’t sitting right with them and they want their name kept away. Auditors like to be pretty straight laced and these accounts will become public at some point. At that point ever accountant or auditor can look over what really happened and give their own view which could be damaging to Deloitte if anyone feels this has been fudged. Lots and lots to shake out on this.

I’m sure it will wash away to nothing the FIA and Redbull don’t want even more taken away from last years championship if it was another team then I think they might make an example of them. As for teeth, I bet they have false ones for this year.
irunalot1518.00