View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 03:01 PM   #65
lens
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The penalty for both teams is probably going to be so minor that's it's going to fail to set any precedent of breaching the cost cap. If so, I expect teams to fully exercise the "minor" breach and spend the entire 1% for 2022 for "an additional $1.4 million and take whatever minor penalty handed and explain that it's a rounding issue or was used on staff.

That's the problem with the FIA. Can't set proper rules and are afraid to enforce them with strict penalties.
That's how F1 has always been, bend the rules in the grey zone and keep using the loopholes until the FIA cracks down on it. It makes the sport for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Just for record Redbull still haven’t filled their 2021 accounts. This is very frowned upon in the UK from an accounting prospective. Unless that is they are trying to hide something.

All the other team have checked that operate in the UK have filed except RedBull. If they have nothing to hide and it’s only a minor breach then why not publish. Very very odd behaviour indeed.

They're not hiding anything, there are certain things that are in the grey zone that the FIA considers part of the budget cap that Redbull says it shouldn't be included as they interpreted it a different way. Sick leave and catering for example, as it was COVID year, I can imagine the amount of paid sick leave used for their employees.