View Single Post
      12-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #65
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfried View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful purchase. When we had a house in Surprise Arizona with solar power I thought a Tesla would be a perfect car for us. I love the variety of comments from people on the forum especially the negative ones from people who are clearly biased about cars in general and do not have an ideal of what is being produced today that will affect what is available in the future. The electric car is not for everyone and is not a good choice in some environments such as where I am today. At minus 20.5 C or minus 1 F currently I doubt the range would be that good. Have fun with the new car.
There are lots of Teslas up here in Alaska. For a few years it was just a few Model Ss, then a few Xs started showing up, now it's common to see multiple models, Ss, Xs, 3s, on any drive anywhere. If you were letting the car cold soak outside and then trying to do a 250 mile trip, that's maybe where you'd have the biggest issue, but most are probably kept in garages from what I can tell and will never have to work all that hard.