View Single Post
      08-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #143
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Wait View Post
While generally true for nickel cobalt aluminum batteries, there are now EVs with LFP (lithium iron phosphate) batteries that have a full 100% charge recommendation for daily use.

Regardless, you can substitute the phrase "zero to recommended-full-charge level" for the "0-100%" example to catch all battery types.
the other point to make is battery longevity is more a lucky draw than how you charge.

people have charged Nickel battery to 100% every night, fast charge slow charge, after 160,000 miles their battery has degraded 10%

people have also babied their battery only slow charging to 80% and don't le it drop below 20%, and after 30,000 miles and 3 years battery has lost 16%

so it's pointless caring. do what you need to do and hope for the best.

*my real life example is my new samsung phone i did the 20-80 religiously, used the lowest 5W charger only, charge every 2 days wife had new iphone she keeps it plugged 24 hrs, she seems to be scared of using battery, it is always on charge at 100%.

after 2 years we compared. both phones down to 80% capacity. i was so mad at myself. samsung had a bigger battery too.