9M71
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO Performance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
Don't quote me but sound deadening will increase from series to series, 7 likely the highest. This is the big one, some luxury models even come with active sound deadening.

Tire compound and even tread pattern play a decent role as well. Ever hear a knobby tire'd jeep drive by? Even Teslas aren't immune to tire noise.

Soft top convertible vs hard top convertible vs fixed roof should be obvious.

I did notice my '06 3 series is quieter than my friends newer subaru / VW at least.
Makes sense. Sound deadening is heavy. The sportier cars have less. The more "luxury family" cars will have more.
Yes tires and their compound will absolutely have an impact.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
what is the product?
Its a sound deadening mat. Takes less than 60 seconds to install. Its removable (so weight is not an issue if you race).

From time to time we will have someone contact us and say "hey can you make it for such and such.." What we then do is see if its an actual issue across the board with many people ...etc At this time we don't make it for the BMW community. We did not think it was necessary, that is until someone said something to me. So we thought we would ask to see if it was even a problem. And if so, what model is experiencing it in.
Im getting some interesting mixed reviews. You guys are great

Hopefully we are not pissing anyone off. We are not trying to sell anything. If its a go then sure we typically contact the Mods and become a vendor.
Interesting take on sound deadening. If you need any testers for a f80 chasis, sign me up! I'll get a decibal reader and take a ride out to the NJTP