View Single Post
      05-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #66
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
One thing that always kept me away from considering Porsche is the interior. A friend of mine got a Cayenne last year and although i didn't tell her, i was appalled. I honestly despise the interior and i cant for the life of me see what other people see in it. The layout looks dated and tacky. It was very very similar to the layout of a car i drove a few times, the 2010 Ford Escape.

The center console was full of plastic and what seemed like a million buttons. It was so busy it made my head spin.

The shifter looks extremely out of place and high, almost like the positioning a minivan has.

The passenger's side dash has no curvature at all it reminded me again of the Ford escape. It was like no creativity was used to create integration of all the components.

The vents looked like they were ripped out of a for F150.

Lastly the nav screen positioning and quality looked no better than the Escape's; zero integration just looked like BestBuy installed an after market double din kit.

Am i crazy does this interior look like a bad Frankenstein of other bad interiors? Drives me nuts when i hear people say the interior is nice!!! To me the X5M blows it miles out of the water the E70 and the F15. I wouldn't knock anything else about the Porsche its just a pet peeve of mine to hear people say the interior is sooo nice, doesn't compute.

Pics
Cayenne 2015
Escape layout comparo
F150 Vent comparo
X5M 2015 comparo
X5M 2010 comparo
See I don't think this way at all. I've been in the new x5M and walked away unimpressed with the quality for the price nor the chintzy design.
I owned a cayenne turbo and it was much nicer when I cross shopped the x5m. of those layouts, cayenne in garnet red and black takes the cake and the quality of the design is much better. No comparison to me even, the cayenne blows It out of the water and twice on Sunday.
Attached Images