Mavus
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Respect 911 but it's not for everybody. That weight balance is tricky business.

I prefer close to 50/50.
Except that once a car is moving 50/50 isn't ideal, rest weight bias is. Rear weight bias is ideal for performance and handling, not 50/50. There's a good reason why Porsche has been a force in that has been all too consistent in professional motorsports and why their street cars are at anytime the best and most desirable.
The 911s, especially those that wear the GT moniker are so balanced and so dialed in that I don't find it to be much different than a mid engined car. I believe Chris Harris said there is nothing as perfect as a 911 in the way it drives once it's in motion. Have you ever gotten to go 9/10ths or 10/10ths in a mid engined car like a Ferrari, especially older ones that were known for snapping and being hairy at those limits? They're also rear weight bias btw, as are lamborghinis, Mclarens, lotus' etc.
Can you explain how is it ideal?

I never drove old school analog high performance car except 911. These days high tech 911 is not comparable to air cooled 911 except for the basic layout..I was on track in modded and stripped 2006 Cayman and it was a beast. I think it had 911 engine. Holy shit was it good. I think If you put the same engine in Cayman and 911, Cayman would kill it.