03-27-2023, 06:44 PM   #14
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Good food for thought. Heavy doesn’t have to mean maxing/so-so form. I should focus on TUT and form, and lift heavy-ish instead. Thanks JP10 I think I’m clear now.

Where is the hernia and what were you doing?

Been down the sciatica road before, what a pain!
Inguinal hernia. No idea what I was doing. Had a good workout, think I lifted legs. Followed by a 5k and ABs. Got a shower, noticed a bulge. Turned out to be a hernia. Still have it with no pain. Doc says I can get it fixed, but not a huge urgency due to no symptoms besides swelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Btw - 495 is seriously awesome @ 200 lbs! What a beast! And 405 squat is super impressive too. The only weight I can share with that is benching 315, I was doing that at 175lbs back in college, which was pretty good for me.

I learned once from a big guy how careful he was with deadlifting. I was big and strong at that time and I think he was getting back into deadlifting (bigger than me) but he went super slow and methodical, even with light weight like 135 lbs.
Yeah it was when I was about 20. That was when I was at my peak as far as strength goes. That is also when I had a lot of time to just lift and eat. I mean I had my studies at college, but I breezed through most of that. I thought I would miss it, but right now I’m focused more on just being really healthy. Keeping a low HR, being able to go hours running or lifting without much difficulty. Feel much healthier and mentally stronger for sure!