View Single Post
      10-29-2022, 12:08 PM   #37
OG Shark
Rep

Drives: Angry

Would be nice to see Checo win but do not think he will be able to match Max's pace again. And I think there is a very fine line between letting someone win as a thank you and giving someone a very condescending participation trophy. If it comes down to it and it is completely up to Max to allow it to happen I can see it being perceived by PER as a compliment and thank you from teammate to teammate. If it is team orders I think the win for PER has the chance of being hollow & meaningless in his eyes.

Also I do think Checo is the best teammate Max has had so far - but he has not been vital to his success. When Max needed it last year Checo was typically not in the mix to help with team strategy. Max was usually on his own with both Merc cars and no protection. He did help slow HAM a bit in Abu Dhabi but ultimately that had no impact on the race. This year outside of Spain he has been much of a non factor again as well. I think Perez is a very good team player and understands he is a clear 2nd on the team (as he should be). He is a solid driver but without Ferrari's buffoonary this year he would not be 2nd in the championship whereas Max would still be 1st. Should Max give him P1 in Mexico should that situation arise? I think it would be an epic gesture of gratitude considering the situation but I'm not sure that is warranted. Maybe as payback for Spain team orders when VER's DRS wasn't working - but otherwise I do not think it is owed to him.
M5Rick60004.50
NYG10680.00