01-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #134
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
If the team thinks getting opened is useless with Kobe being the ballhog, then they should help pick and roll for a better Kobe shot. Standing around is not the right thing to do.

Kobe is not just any player, he's the star of the team. If he's not making his shots, you either sub him out or help him. I just don't think he's making poor shots. He shoots like that all the time, he gets them in at times, and sometimes not. However, I do agree he should pass a bit more after knowing he's on a cold streak.

I remembered watching a video, he said if the 5th shot doesn't go on, the 6th must go in.....(something along those lines). It's who he is, he's stubborn. I just don't see this is completely negative. Keep shooting sometimes gets him back into the flow of the game.
Let's be serious, Kobe would rather take a more difficult shot for the wow factor than getting a good shot. He turns down open shots for these all the time and he did the same tonight.

I honestly think if he didn't play there at the end the Lakers probably would have won.

But you're right, sometimes his selfishness is the reason they win games...tonight unfortunately it was just the opposite.