Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I might be a cynic, but if you're throwing *excess* (yes, I know most m-sport cars come with badges stock) M badges on the car, it's clearly to try and show off that you have a more expensive or a special version of a standard car (which is likely false) and not because you're an enthusiast.

Notwithstanding those who totally rebadge a 320i as an M3, if you have a 320i, debadge it and put ///M badges on the trunk and sides, you're trying to get people to *think* you have an "///M car" and not a base BMW. A true enthusiast would either simply de-badge, or leave the car badging as is.

All my opinion, of course. People can do whatever they want with their own vehicle. I might just chuckle a little when they drive by
What about the people who don’t remove their 20i/28i/... badge and put an ///M logo beside it? I mean, you can’t really say they want to fool anyone, otherwise they would remove the existing badge.

Regardless, I personally put a 218d badge on my M240i and I also ordered an M sticker which I hope arrives soon for the full effect
Well, the "m sport" model is more expensive than a base car and/or people see the m badge and think it's an "M"; so while it's not as egregious, it's still badging the car as something it's not. Again, I don't think there's a problem with it, necessarily, but it's off putting to see.

Rebadging your M240i as a 218d///M is just as deceptive and clearly trying to bait someone or troll someone. Unless you absolutely love the numbers "218" and the letter "d," I don't know how you can what you're doing is purely for yourself and not meant to affect (in some way or another) third parties looking at you/your car.

Again, I don't think it's bad, actually what you're doing is quite funny and will surprise a lot of people who really think it's a 218d. But you can't argue that it's not deceptive
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust