View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 01:51 AM   #3529
gosi
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I might be a cynic, but if you're throwing *excess* (yes, I know most m-sport cars come with badges stock) M badges on the car, it's clearly to try and show off that you have a more expensive or a special version of a standard car (which is likely false) and not because you're an enthusiast.

Notwithstanding those who totally rebadge a 320i as an M3, if you have a 320i, debadge it and put ///M badges on the trunk and sides, you're trying to get people to *think* you have an "///M car" and not a base BMW. A true enthusiast would either simply de-badge, or leave the car badging as is.

All my opinion, of course. People can do whatever they want with their own vehicle. I might just chuckle a little when they drive by
What about the people who don’t remove their 20i/28i/... badge and put an ///M logo beside it? I mean, you can’t really say they want to fool anyone, otherwise they would remove the existing badge.

Regardless, I personally put a 218d badge on my M240i and I also ordered an M sticker which I hope arrives soon for the full effect