07-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #7
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_du View Post
Not to distract to much, but what's been your experience with the Dinan and H&R bars? I'm
Trying to decide which to go with. But I'm planning on staying small in the rear than the 19mm offered with Dinan. I have the factory 15mm bar waiting. Of course I can't get just the Dinan front bar. So that puts me with H&R as the only other awd front bar option.
I'm really happy with the Dinan bar. There are plenty of adjustments and I don't find it too stiff like the H&R bar. My front spring rates are about the stiffest BMW offers for the F3x (F33 M-Perf front springs) and the middle position on the bar seems just about right (rear-most position was a bit soft). With the H&R bar on the softest setting, and even softer front springs (F8x ZCP), the bar was way too stiff and really hurt ride quality and understeer. I wouldn't recommend the H&R bar unless running something like stock springs or maybe up to F8x non-ZCP rates.

I believe the Dinan 19mm tubular rear bar is about the same rate as a 16-17mm solid bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Hey guys. Yes UUC is not the easiest to work with. We've had our fair share of hiccups along the way during the years. That's why we do these group buys so you know you'll get your parts. I appreciate the honesty and your concerns as it defintely speaks volumes to me.
It would be a shame if members of this community blamed you for UUC's failures if you launched a group buy for them. I don't want you to lose your shirt over an unreliable business partner like UUC.

It would be a great opportunity for the community if you were able to put together a group buy for Dinan's bars (or even just their front bar)!

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
skier_du147.50