View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #1258
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
...when all of your conversations center around medical issues...and you're *not* a doctor!

I went to a routine cardiologist appointment last week, and there was another doctor from the practice covering for my usual doctors. The regular doctor left a note in my file suggesting that I be put on one of those "TV" side-effects, er, I mean heart medicines. When I brought up the main side effect (low blood pressure) and that I am already in a fragile balance and frequently running low, he prescribed the lowest available dose and told me to cut them in half.

Long story short, I have had a few incidents of severe dizziness and disorientation shortly after standing up since adding these pills to my regimen. Last night, I was walking towards the kitchen sink with my dirty dinner plate when it hit. I dropped the plate on the floor, grabbed the counter, and somehow managed to wall-surf to the bedroom and flop onto the bed.

From 10-15 minutes later:

Needless to say, that bottle goes into my "DNR" (do not refill) bin!

Funny related story. My employer had a nurse from a regional hospital come in last year, to do voluntary on-site medical screenings including "instant" cholesterol tests. Several of my colleagues were shocked to discover that they had high blood pressure. From visual inspection, everyone assumes that I would have the highest blood pressure of the group. Needless to say, a crowd gathered when I was being tested, because I told several people that I was going to set the BP record today...for the *lowest* BP in the entire organization. The nurse made me sign the usual medical paperwork waivers, and I made her swear in front of the crowd that she would not call an ambulance after taking my BP. The results were not a surprise...at least to me.....