View Single Post
      09-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #33
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
A zero-tailpipe-emission, 500 mile range, 9 second quarter capable, 1,000hp luxury sedan is reaching production and people act like this isn't a big deal.

This is wild stuff IMO.

Was just talking about something similar at autocross with someone yesterday. One of the top two cars is a Tesla Model 3, good driver, but no other cars can match the explosive acceleration out of the corners and with suspension/tires, it doesn't corner bad either. It's simply next level compared to all of the cars running, and the other cars are generally agreed to be great cars. The idea though of electric cars being common place, seeing them on highways, parked, driving around, etc., was science fiction when I was a kid. Sure, electric cars and vehicles have been attempted before with varying success, but never before has it reached the point where it's practical for a large % of the population and they are out there and doing it every day and not in just some small niche or very limited capacity. It's here in real-time and I think we do miss the impact of this and how revolutionary it is.