Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
I picked one up, the MSI water cooled suprim liquid X. Nice card it’s my cycle to upgrade so I went with this and an i9-13900k, Z790 motherboard and 64GB DDR5 and 4TB WD SN850X drive.

It’s a blazing rig but my last one was still more than adequate- parts are up on ebay for my 3090 and 9900K w/64GB DDR4 if anyone is interested.

The 4090 is significantly faster but the problem is there are no games that take advantage of the card, in all my years I never thought hardware would outpace games but it has happened. And I dont think there are any games on the horizon for 2 years that would stress this card. Sadly, no one is innovating everything for the past 5 years uses the same few gMe engines and all of them cap out pretty low on quality. We need equivalent od a new Crysis game or someone to start using Unreal5 engine to its max..which is 2 years out likely.

So I am future proof I guess
I blame this on consoles. Back way when, games used to be developed for PC first. Now it's reversed.
Fwiw next gen console only titles are just starting to come out. This always happens on transitions. It takes a few years to stop designing around last gen.

I have a 4090 liquid x too. I stayed on the am4 platform though. Picked up a deal on a 5800x3d. Upgrading mb and ram wasn't worth it.

Big wins over a 3080-
Much higher mins, less hitches
I can actually use ray tracing and the shadows are significantly better.
When im way over performance I can turn off dlss and get rid of the weird halos around fine objects.
VR. The 4090 is the difference between in reprojection all the time and having a liquid smooth experience on a G2.

The 3080 was barely 60 in some games at 4k and id have to turn things down. The 4090 just slays everything.
BMWGUYinCO4122.50