View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 08:28 AM   #14
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I had been searching for my wife's (now) vehicle for months. Not all too many out there and some specific criteria from me made the search a bit frustrating. I don't get on Facebook, but I thought I would check their Marketplace section on a whim. As luck would have it, a dealer about three hours from me posted only a couple pictures of my exact spec, good mileage, and good price about 20 minutes prior. Called them up, negotiated a contingent price, left a deposit, and traded our other car to them at a good price a couple days later. They said by the time I got there they had over ten additional offers. Luck of timing.

Another one was my "stripper" E90 M3. I had been searching for the spec off and on for about three years. Randomly went to CarMax's website and low and behold, a zero option, low mileage 2011 E90 M3 6MT was there for the taking. Put a hold on it and drove up to Nashville that weekend.

My old Landcruiser was another by-chance scenario. I had been muddling around on the forums for a while without much luck trying to find one with maintenance up to date and clean. Stumbled on a member that had a very local location that no one would have ever heard about unless you lived here. Messaged him if he knew of anyone around that may have a nice one for sale. He invited me over, and it turns out he's a collector with a barn full of incredible examples of all generations. Ended up taking one home.

I guess where I'm going with it is... your car is out there, but it could be anywhere.
chassis6554.00
M3 boi3211.00