02-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #189
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i'm so sick of people comparing Mustangs and Corvettes to far superior cars.

NO Nurburgring lap times do NOT matter when you are out enjoying a drive on public roads....and i don't care if a car is 7 seconds faster on the Nurburgring......or whatever else. You're not going to convince me that some Mustang is a more desirable car than the Cayman GT4....no matter what silly magazine article quotes you mount against me.

it's about the way a car FEELS...not the lap times...not the magazine articles...none of that crap. What happened to 'petrolhead' culture? it feels like it has gone up the arse of a donkey these days...

i think it's because people judge cars WITHOUT driving them now......whereas they should be judged after driving them. No i haven't driven a Cayman GT4....but i have driven a Cayman, a Cayman S, and a Cayman GTS. I know how they feel....so i know the GT4 will be EVEN BETTER than those....and those in themselves are great cars.
So what if you drove a 350R or C7 Z06 and it felt better than the GT4?

I feel people are trying to find another straw to grab since "inferior" American cars are catching up and passing those more "refined" cars now. Like how a Boss 302 is faster around a track than a 1M but hey, at least you can DD the 1M with all those creature comforts huh? I could live without most of them except heated seats.....those are mandatory in WA!

This is a good looking car and it seems to perform very well. We all know the performance benchmark for years has been 'Ring times. But it seems that now that American cars are putting up a fight with cars that cost less and perform better there, some people are trying to go back to other things to make up for that.