View Single Post
      03-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #38
mKilgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F82 M4

So the rule is official.....1 championship point to fastest time set in the top 10.

Looking at last year, every race except for 1 (Singapore) had a fast lap set by Ferrari, Mercedes, or Red Bull. Haas was the only exception when Magnussen set the fastest lap in Singapore. To me, this only highlights that the top 3 teams will distance themselves that much more in terms of points than the rest of the field.

Interestingly, in 2018 Bottas had the highest number of fastest laps at 7, Ricciardo at 4, Vettel at 3, Hamilton at 3, Verstappen at 2, Raikkonen at 1, Mangussen at 1.

I don't think it will be worth pitting to put on fresh tires to set a fast lap unless you have a huge delta to the driver behind you so that you don't lose a position. What I think will happen is that drivers who are caught in no man's land with a big enough gap in front and behind them will conserve their car until the last few laps and then try and set the fastest lap for the extra point. Driver's who are engaged in trying to overtake or catch some one won't be worried about the extra point, they want the extra position which is more valuable than just the single point.
jkoral1016.00
3798j11168.50
MKSixer34171.50