View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 10:28 PM   #25
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep

Drives: M3s

It's official, I am moving to San Diego.

I've made the decision not to sell my home in NC and working to convince the wife that we should rent that, but she is very attached to this home so it's a very emotional conversation on her part.

I would still like to buy a home in SD, new construction, ~400-600K range. As much as I don't want to move to Chula Vista (where I will be working) there are plenty of new homes available for sale and I've generally noticed that in an otherwise unpopular area that has lots of real estate development/construction, home values generally appreciate. Provided, the buyer gets in early enough before the market becomes over saturated. It also looks like there are multiple quick move in homes available which is not a great sign.

If anyone has a good perspective on the SD housing market, please feel free to chime in. My hope is that in the couple of years I am in CA that I break even on the purchase and sale, and build some equity in the process. If I can get some appreciation on the home, that's a great bonus. My employer will cover costs associated with the purchase of the home.
PoorLurker1135.00