View Single Post
      08-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #43
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
A sticky is the fact that the victim sent Mrs. Meyers pics of injuries. (At least I think that's what the pics were of)
That's a problem.
I think the more sticky situation is that the victim claims "all the other coaches' wives knew". Which is a pretty big statement.

I'm guessing this whole administrative leave thing is Ohio State calling "all the other coaches' wives" and the coaches to ask about their knowledge of the 2015 incident and whether any of them told Urban. The truth will come out eventually.

Frankly, if Urban actually knew in 2015, he simply shouldn't have lied about it. He should have said that he has always been aware of the issue, and decided no action was needed at the time because charges were not filed and ____________, and that in similar situations (Carlos Hyde), he waits for charges to be pressed/dropped before taking formal action. Boom, consistency...you can still be called a hypocrite regarding your "core values", but at least you have a consistent story.

So ultimately, if it's shown that he lied...then so what? He's a liar and a hypocrite and broke university code. I'll be hard pressed to find it as core reasons to fire someone. Suspend him? Sure...heck suspend him for the whole season...