View Single Post
      02-24-2022, 09:03 AM   #6
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

I detest any cloud managed networking systems. You're totally dependent on the manufacturer to keep that product operational. So in essence, you don't own your equipment and are just leasing it.

I'd look into a system from Aruba called Instant Access Points.

Due to firmware limitations with my equipment which uses a Dell OEM'd wireless controller from Aruba. I can't upgrade it past the current firmware to support the newer access points despite the 7008 controller I own as still being current. But even with that limitation, I'm able to do file transfers at a real world rate of 400 to 500 Mbps over wireless. I don't see myself needing to upgrade any time soon. This performance more than satisfies what I need when I'm moving about my home on any mobile device. It also more than satisfies 4k streaming uncompressed.

If I need to really push bits, I just go to my wired desktop or just connect up my laptop to a network drop. The network drops I can connect any client device up to supports 1Gbps and 10Gbps.
jmack548.50