Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I would definitely like to see how that's done... maybe a YouTube tutorial?
Using the shot that started the discussion, I'd use that benign reflection to our upper left and Clone it over most of the rest of the windshield. Our left windshield edge includes a dark band that I'd want to preserve, so you'd have to go to a smaller size brush for that Clone, The first Clone could use a very large brush, like 200-pixels. 100% opaque, but with a feathered edge. The second Clone would be a brush about twice as wide as the dark strip, or maybe just as wide as the dark strip. I'd test to see which looked best.

It'd take a few minutes, but that's a small investment, if I were going to print.

There are other ways to do it, but since there's that nice benign, large segment of windshield, I'd use that.

Everything from just above and outside the bird, including space in beak, was Cloned in 5-minutes. If I were going to print it large, I'd spend another 10 to 15-minutes, getting it smoother. This is my "online version" and I'll never print this particular shot. Still, it does take more time to get a shot "print ready". If I hadn't mentioned the Cloning, you wouldn't be looking nearly so close at this shot:

Landing by David Stephens, on Flickr