11-20-2015, 10:36 AM   #108
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I'm willing to bet that US sales are all but a foregone conclusion at this point. Well, unless the four door (or perhaps, five door) 2 Series coupe likely to arrive later on is offered in the US market instead of this car rather than in addition to it.

That would be the ~300hp B48, possibly taking over the soon-to-be-vacated *35 badge.

No more sub-3 Series RWD vehicles (except the i3, if you think of it as below the 3 Series). The 1 and 2 Series models that are RWD today will move to UKL for the next generation and beyond.

Logically it should be a 1 Series, but when you consider the UKL MPVs are badged as 2 Series, anything is possible.

As far as the timing of the concept debut, I completely agree with you. We had no advance warning as far as I am aware. But the fact that a 1 Series sedan introduction is imminent has been no secret - spy shots have been caught over a year ago:

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1031527

Now whether the concept specifically previews the car we've seen driving around is perhaps left for some debate. There will likely be a 2GC as well, and who knows what else they could cook up. A 1 Series equivalent of the 3 and 5 GT models is also possible, assuming all of this form factor spit-balling (well, I am sure there's more to it than that - but it seems that way sometimes) doesn't cease soon and leave a smaller, cleaner product lineup

It's not out of nowhere.. you guys have been missing the clues..
Scott 26 posted a query and a photo of a possible sedan a month or so and then also there was a poll created asking where it should be a sedan or a 5 door..

plus... I have also noticed and noted that suddenly.. X1 (and X2) production were moved from Leipzig to Regensburg ... to me that sounds like gearing up for another platform to be produced there.. A platform that will need a lot more volume than say... 2 series coupe production.

Remember the E8x series.
The E82 1 series coupe came out several years after the 1 series hatch models. With the competition coming strong to the market with the CLA, the Audi S3 sedan... BMW has to respond... they are WAY LATE... but should be able to catch up...