Thread: Mental health
View Single Post
      07-28-2022, 04:16 PM   #16
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 228iX & M2C

Things certainly are different, and tougher for avoiding these depressive or anxious reactions; you are definitely not alone, it is very common. Mood issues are a little like a fire - when small and well managed they are tolerable and often helpful; when they get raging they can overwhelm typical systems and become a separate problem all their own. With the depressive side (what you describe) it has a snowball effect - you lose motivation and reward systems, so you are less likely to do the things that would help pull you out of it (experienced as 'I don't feel like doing a/t, nothing feels good, even stuff I used to enjoy').

This thread has a bunch of good advice for managing mood (especially the activity, socializing, exercising, get enough sleep). If you are doing these things and still feeling down, or if you 'know you should but still haven't' then you should move up to professional therapy support. First stop is a decent physical (many low grade medical issues can trigger this). For mental health treatment I'd suggest a talk therapy/psychotherapy, either alone or with meds (psychiatry/meds alone can sometimes help, but psychotherapy is where you get real durable changes).
Tommy-G4504.50
cmyx6go15814.00