View Single Post
      09-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #20
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
You can consider for purchase anything you want - and it doesn't make the vehicles comparable. It just means you can't make up your mind as to what you want. Comparing a Ford Mustang to a Carrera doesn't make them comparable vehicles. Trying to compare a front-engine v8 to a rear-engined opposed-6 cylinder in almost every way is apples to oranges.
If one is considering both vehicles then they are being compared, they just are. I hear you in the different nature of the cars but both the R8/Cayman and Mustang/911 have more in common than they don't. In the OP's case, we are talking 2 seaters, sporty in nature, borderline impractical. Now one is punching a huge fuck off engine and the other has a revvy higher strung engine but fundamentally, more in common than not.

In my case, we are talking 2+2 seaters, convertibles, both potentially a DD but also 3rd car potential. THis is not a Camry vs Lambo debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I'm not sure I follow. You drove PP2, so that means you have the handling to back it all up, so hitting a turn like an on-ramp or off-ramp cloverleaf is no fun? Or twisty turns or just taking a turn well above what any "normal" car can? You were speaking only of acceleration, but do you consider other factors? Braking?
I will clarify as I am struggling to convey my message. Yes the PP2 has a great grip, great fun on cloverleafs, big brakes etc. But, from a rolling start, there's just so much power that you tickle the gas on say an on ramp and you are at 150kmh in the same gear you started in and in no time at all. I feel there is more .... engagement... with an engine that needs more revs and a gear change or two to get from 40 to 150. This doesn't make the mustang a bad car, it is compelling for both the price and the ability to DD the thing.