View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #75
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
This is exactly the point of a truck IMO, who cares if it's parked outside? When I bought my truck, I didn't buy it as a replacement for a BMW but as a supplement. I ended up driving it prob 4 days out of the week. Was it completely unnecessary as I'm single and didn't carry that much stuff? Absolutely. But it was nice to be in something with an automatic trans, never have to swerve for pot holes and knowing if it hails, your keeper cars are sitting nicely in the garage. Not to mention reliability and cost of parts were ZERO concern as it was a Toyota Tundra. As an owner of 4 BMW at the moment , when can you ever say that?

The only reason I sold it is because the market is so hot and the fuel economy did suck. I look forward to having an electric truck someday though.
Too much potential for damage from wind (knocking down tree limbs) and/or hail in OKC for me to leave anything parked outside.

It's so prevalent, many new car dealers here have shades that cover their entire lots to protect new cars from hail damage.

Like this: https://www.vpslp.com/all-markets/auto-dealerships