View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #10
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah that's crossed my mind too, I can DD a big stonking V8 and not be so concerned about it as I would a 911 at twice the price. But then yeah, who doesn't want something a bit sexier, tossable and special. The absolutely STUBBORN way 911's hold value also makes you think you can get in and out at minimal exposure, this particular car was originally a US market car so in theory could sell it to the USA at a 1.33 exchange.

Funny the E92 M3 is what i would call my sensible choice. A Mustang is one thing but the M3 has four proper seats etc and a revvy V8 but running costs seem insane and i'd always be worried she is gonna throw a rod. Also so many of them have GHASTLY interiors, just brutal.
What you say about these cars holding their value very much works against me, because I've got a nasty habit of holding on to my cars for good. So if I'm looking at a Porsche, it's very likely that the price I pay will be what it costs if that makes sense.

As for the E9x M3, it's not as bad as you think. $2k should take care of the rod bearings and that's about all they really need (throttle actuators are not a giant deal IMO). I have really no problem wiht my interior, if anything it's super well built compared to my other M's, and mine doesn't even have the full leather. I assure you it's not just half the car the 911.1 the price might suggest
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
stein_325i25083.00