fgpalmer71
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 Genesis sedan 3.8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'm literally in the same mindframe as you, but I'm 10 years younger

My dream car/end goal has always been a Porsche, and my dream Porsches are the 981 Spyder or 997/991.2 GT3. Not counting the .2 GT3, we're talking $80k minimum, which is well out of my reach at the moment considering the most expensive car I've ever bought was my used E92 M3 at $40k.

I start questioning whether I'd enjoy a GT3 or Spyder TWICE as much as my E92 M3? I really don't think so. If anything, I prefer to have multiple cars and have difference experiences (6 vs 8 cylinder, roadster vs coupe, maybe NA vs turbocharged) than just have 1 awesome car, that will most likely be driven once or twice a week max. Not to mention, how comfortable will I be driving such an expensive car? I'm already super careful with my well used E92 M3 that's probably worth 1/4 of that right now.

On top of that, I think 2020 has also brought some perspective in my life. Things are fragile. I'm at the point where I'd rather look at other things than just cars. because at the end of the day, they can really act like anchor boats.

P.S. I sure do miss traveling.

If your anything like me the monetary value of the car in question really means nothing in terms of how I treat it. I treat my $8k 335i (I think I stole the thing, 78k with new turbos done @ 57k, new water pump and thermostat, book says it's worth close to 12k) as well, if not better then my $45k Genesis sedan was treated. I think when your an official motor head you treat the thousand $ car as well as the 100k car. Maybe that's just me though.

Last edited by fgpalmer71; 10-21-2020 at 11:17 AM..
shadowfax1289.00
Vivek.1366.00