12-20-2022, 10:42 AM   #128
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I swear to fscking god that I am cursed! Remember that Thanksgiving trip that I had to cancel last minute due to COVID? My suitcase is in the almost mighty Freightliner as I type this, and I was supposed to be leaving for that same trip about 30 minutes ago. Received a phone call from security at work at 2 AM on my emergency cell, reporting a major problem. I mean cancel your holiday plans and then some problem. Can't get anyone else on the phone, and can't leave for the road trip because I might be working 24/7 for a week or more to fix this. FML, FML, FML! I seriously think that I'm going to resign today after 37 years and call it a career.....
Frack, you too???? Somehow the UPS that protects the entire Police server array had the circuit switch on each output was manually tripped (best I can see) The generator kicked in after about 2 minutes, but the A/C got hammered and about 8 hours later a sergeant heard fans, opened a door, and it was 110.

I was out running at the time I got the first call, and I'm not even on call. Hustle back, spend couple hours remotely while wife is tapping foot because I'm supposed to be in shower to go to party.

Monday I come in, and one server we THOUGHT restarted, didn't. The internal array wasn't found. I spent all day Monday trying to restore. Finally removed the drives and quite literally "breathed life" into the connectors. Now the array showed up as foreign. Imported the foreign array, but now it's array 4, not 0, so BIOS doesn't see it to boot the server.

It's only the evidence storage server, no big deal.

I get on a boat in San Diego on Saturday, . . . for a week on the Mexican Riviera. I missed this cruise with in-laws last year because my father was ill, and lost all of the money. I'm going this year.