View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #470
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

This sums up Garrett's stupid ass perfectly.
And honestly, I'm torn if Dallas should even make the Playoffs because that's how badly I want to see this MF fired!!!

Quote:
Garrett’s insistence on establishing and sticking with the run keeps putting them behind in games. The Cowboys habit of falling behind early in games is evidence of this stubbornness and its cost. It is especially costly against good teams. They fell behind Green Bay 24-0 and the Vikings 14-0, although both games were played at the Cowboys stadium. The prior week, the struggling Giants jumped out to a 12-3 lead. The Cowboys somehow managed to fall behind the Jets 21-3.

Sunday night, the inflexibility also mattered late in the game. With less than two minutes to play trailing by a touchdown, and with Prescott shredding Vikings defense, Garrett and his offensive coordinator reverted to the run on consecutive plays. I won’t go into the details of this and other strategic blunders in the Vikings game, given that the internet is full of that. It’s simply that this penchant for calling plays like it is 1994 is pervasive with Garrett regardless of the offensive coordinator.

Seemingly, Garrett hasn’t placed much weight on the methods by with the Patriots have reached the conference championship every year since 2000 (or maybe it just feels that way). Bill Belichick and his Patriots’ sustained success has come about because of their willingness to adapt their approach, sometimes substantially, to their personnel and to the other team (unlike what Belichick did in Cleveland). Yes, they have had Tom Brady, but over the past two decades, they have won with conservative offensive play and great defense, with balanced offensive play and good defense, and with throw-it-all-the-time offense and mediocre defense. That’s really the only way to sustain success in such a competitive league. Garrett’s unwillingness to adapt season-by-season, game-by-game, series-by-series, stands in stark contrast.