Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 18’c63s,15’macanturbo,14’ 991s

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Without doing the work to make absolutely sure the throw ratio works... (probably does)

Epson 4050 is a very popular choice because they're the brightest true cinema projector at that price point, and you're never even going to think about having too many Lumen until you're well into five figures and using a Laser light engine. This $3k pj is undoubtedly my choice for under $4k for the average user.

However, I'm personally so used to looking at high-end projectors, the Epson can look (and act) crude and grainy to me. Personally, short of a six-figure Barco; I'm a Sony fan. A 295ES is outside of your budget at $5k but is much more refined and smoother looking. Considering the modest screen size and controlled lighting, this is worth mentioning.

If I were to compare these two pjs to cars; the Epson is a Ford Mustang, and the Sony is a BMW 4 series. One has a lot of power; while the other has refinement and better details. Hope this helps.
I like m3's not mustangs lol. So I'm going to have to up my budget. Do you have any experience with JVC? If so how do the nx-5 and nx-7 compare to the Sony?
Thanks
Attached Images

zx10guy5149.50