10-30-2020, 09:48 PM   #13
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
So nobody feels intimidated by ZX10's beautiful setup, I'll post my modest all-KEF (of course) surround system in my living room. Although I can pretty much take home and use whatever I want; I actually bought this surround setup so I can dial it in perfectly and not touch it. Gear on loan is always going out for a demo, or otherwise being swapped out. This stays put.

Please be aware the LS50 Meta (copper cone speakers sitting on their side near my Center speaker) were just there temporarily as they were being broken in. These are now part of my office setup that is where I do serious listening.

My surround setup is a 5.2.4 configuration using our entry-level KEF Q Series, with 2 pairs of ATMOS "toppers" utilizing the "bounce method" where upward firing drivers ricochet sound off the ceiling. I use dual KEF KF92 subwoofers on opposing sides of the room.

I've lived here for 20 years so by now I have the room's acoustics fully dialed in and the system tuned as well as the Anthem AVR allows. It sounds pretty spectacular because it's so dialed in. The only improvement I would want here is more power, because I ALWAYS want more power! 😈
Attached Images

mc-m3213.00