View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #100
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2YT View Post
Everywhere... you just have to look. Honestly this comes across a little closed minded. There is a extraordinary amount of people who live in sub $150,000, or even sub $100,000 homes.

Yeah, we don't have an HOA, or lawn-care service, or whatever other features and benefits come with living in a subdivision. The houses are older, and sometimes not maintained as they should be. It is far from the ghetto though.

I don't know what lens you are viewing this though, or where you live, but I recommend going and experiencing different parts of the country. Especially in the midwest where many families are supported by blue collar manufacturing jobs.

This is an interesting ratio, and I did the same thing when I was budgeting for my first home. Comes out to a little over 10%, so not to shabby! Allows me to save towards the next place and focus towards retirement savings / 401k.
A 10% front end ratio is fantastic. Don't know if I've been smart or just plain lucky. But both of my homes PITI are below 28% for me. This is why I can afford to not have any roommates or a need to rent out my vacation home to help pay for it. The only hiccup that put a wrench into this was my divorce. But I'll be able to dig out of it hopefully in the next few months.
Rmtt8208.00