View Single Post
      09-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #6
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
My production started at 7:35 this morning with an est. completion date of 9/20.

550 xi M Sport. got my Vin # too. i called and spoke to a rep at 8:50 pm tonight.

they are stamping all my parts and getting ready for paint.
You got that from the 1-800 BMWNA people?????????

Every time I call I get the..."your dealer will have more detailed information" I will call them agian today because as I believe you were, I am week 37 prodcution........which means that my car should be started still this week.

Now for the VIN.......I thought they were'nt issued until well into the process of making the car? If so, I would think that your car will be done before the 20th.

I really think BMW needs to give us all a link where they can stream real time of our car's going down the production line.

Just called BMWNA and got the update that my Week 37 535 was started yesterday and is scheduled for completion on the 17th. Automated message last night and this moring still gave no information so although not as slow as the website updates, it still takes a while to get the latest. I also asked about the VIN and the rep stated that this will not be issued untill the car leaves the body shop portion of assembly. She also said that my dealer is the only one that can give me that information......which will be no big deal. That Combox better be worth it! Just kidding, I know it will be.

Last edited by ghueser; 09-09-2010 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Just got an update
Appreciate 0