02-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #6
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Nothing! its all chemicals that are not truly needed haha. Look at some of the top iron men and women as well as ultra runners that run for 15-48 hours straight. Most of them are all on vegan diets. I'm not saying go vegan but the benefits of just straight clean eating are better for recovery and workouts. You may feel a benefit from what your taking but what its doing to your body is another story. Not trying to be a smart a** just want you to know that good overall clean eating does some amazing things to your body especially with muscle recovery. I have tried many things and clean eating has far out weighed everything else I have done in terms of perfoemamce.
Meh chemicals are a pretty deragatory way to describe supplements since the ones mentioned are for the most part naturally reoccuring in your body, but not wrong by definition. I do agree that supplements aren't necessarily "needed" for natural strength building, but protein powder helps close the protein macro gap since getting a clean 200g+ of protein is a pain in the ass. Natural strength building shouldn't be compared to ultra runners lol, endurance and strength are fairly different, don't get me wrong it's impressive none the less.