08-15-2018, 02:33 PM   #47
unluky
Major
Rep

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the hammer View Post
I quit all sugars and carbs, including all alcohols (was the toughest part). Basically the only carbs I’m getting are from green veggies and some from cashews and almonds and various meats and cheeses. Probably around 2000 calories a day intake made up mostly of protein and fat. CrossFit work out 4 times a week and one or two cardio days. I Lost 30 lbs in 4 months easily. My workout regime has been constant for the last last 5 years. When I dropped the carbs the weight melted off fast. I’ve always been 195ish and as high as 212 (prior to working out). Now at 165. Weigh yourself consistently everyday and be aware of every calorie you eat. I tracked everything for 2 weeks but have given that up as it was a lot of work, but it did open my eyes to caloric intake and my awareness of what I was eating. Not keto just disciplined lower carb eating. And very clean fresh foods.
This is basically exactly what I did. Once I figured out all those carbs were my issue - I can lose pretty easily now and stay within a 10 pound window mostly all year long. To me it is ALL about diet. I can add in workouts and treadmill, but the diet is what takes it off. Then I use the work outs to feel better and keep in cardio shape more than anything. Once you learn what to feel for when you cut carbs, you know where you are in that zone. I'm usually 165 to 175 now, but used to yo-yo from 190-220 before I found what worked for me. Wish I would have tried it 20 years prior when I was in better shape!