09-17-2022, 09:04 PM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I'm exactly twice your age and I have to chuckle that you think being 46 is a depressing thought.

Having been there and 25 years more, I can tell you with certainty and personal experience that getting older doesn't have to be depressing. If value to you is no wrinkles and a flat stomach and a wife/SO who can still fit in their prom dress, then you may be disappointed. If you adjust your life and your happiness criteria to be realistic with your age, you have a chance to be happy each and every year and not be in a funk about your age.

Now that our kids are grown, through college, with houses of their own, we are free to travel and do what we want, , when we want, and where we want. When we are home, we get 6 grand kids to spoil and hand them back when we are done.

Life is precious, each and every year. You will see. Good luck!
I said it more tongue in cheek truthfully I have a lot to look forward to... more independence from my kids is a big one... and although they won't be totally grown (will be 14 and 10 in 10 years from now), they'll be old enough to have their own lives and give me some of mine back. Beyond that a big one I'm looking forward to is retirement. The freedom to do anything I want. I've already got a list of odd jobs I want to try in retirement that I can't justify doing right now. I doubt I'll be retired in 10 years time, but I'll at least be 10 years closer to it.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
sygazelle11420.50