View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 10:30 PM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

I feel having some real estate is just another part of having a balanced portfolio.

But I don't view either of my properties as investments. They're places I live in first and foremost. I attempt to buy in a location which wouldn't want to cause me to want to sell in the short term to get away from any problems. I also try to buy at the right time where I'm not over paying for the home in price or in mortgage interest. So far I've been lucky with my home purchases.

I say if you're willing to take on the responsibilities of home ownership and it fits into your lifestyle, go for it. If there are any doubts, I would hold back until you're 100% sure. It's a big commitment and if you decide you bought the wrong house or in the wrong location, it's going to take time and additional money to fix that mistake. This investment isn't the same as a stock investment where you can call your broker and issue a sell order expecting the proceeds in a few days.