Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
You guys really think 5% of people with cars like these ever drive them hard? I'd bet nearly none of these, the new 8er or even most Corvettes ever see 112 mph, much less in a 1/4 mile.

My wife always makes fun of me because I'll get behind sports cars in traffic and then have to go around them. She follows the Corollas and RX400h's because they're actually driven at 6/10's or more. Most people out there are scared of the right pedal and just buy for status.
Your wife sounds like a capable, aggressive driver. Personally, it'd drive me nuts . Fact is, this Lexus is a 911 competitor costing $100k out the door. It's a GT sports coupe which, per Lexus' history, underperforms against its competition. It better have Bentley luxury appointments for that price point.
Are you saying Bentley's are nice? I mean, it's a VW...

Again, most of the folks shopping six figure cars are giving at least some portion of their decision over to style and comfort. If they weren't, the roads in nice neighborhoods would just be paved in GT2 RS's and GTR's. The Lexus isn't really a 911 competitor as much as it is an 8er, S Class Coupe and Bentley Conti competitor. It's certainly sleeker and more unique than those three, at least to my eyes. It's really got very few sporting pretensions, so things being faster than it aren't really that important to many buyers.
No Boost4021.00
rr006rbc1204.00