View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #94
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
So I have the day off work. I go down to Charlottesville, VA for the day (the wife was getting her hair done...). So after driving a 2012 F30 335i for the past week as a loaner car (and hated it), I decide I need to drive the ATS to see how it compares while the F30 is fresh in my ass-o-meter.

I go in to the C-ville Caddy dealer, I tell the salesman I want to drive both the 2.0L Turbo with the manual trans, and the 3.6L (auto only) with the magnetic-shock suspension. So the Sales guy says, "well we might not have the 2.0L manual, we don't stock those because not everyone wants one and when we get one it sits on the lot too long." Same shit I hear 10 years ago when Lincoln sold the LS... He says he'll check anyway. He comes back, nope they don't keep them in stock. We have a 2.0 L with the automatic right over here, you can shift it manually." I said "no, I want an actual manual transmission.: He says "sorry, but let me see if we have the 3.6..." So I say, "why does Cadillac even bother?" He says what do you mean? I say "Well, why does Cadillac build a sports sedan with a manual transmission" when the dealers don't stock them?" I heard the same crap from Lincoln 10 years..."

He says "Well we can order it for you." I said, "So why would I go order a car that I can't test drive first? Don't you understand that people like to test drive a car to see if they like it before they buy it." He said, getting pissed, "Why are you hating on me?" (I think lovely some pussy I got here). "It's not good business practice to keep a car on the lot so long." I said "well it's not good practice to not have a vehicle configuration the manufacturer has made to meet a demographic of drivers who want a manual transmission." So they guy is totally pissed now. So I say "Nice way to treat a potential customer... see ya".

I then went to the local BMW dealer. Test drove the F30 320i with a sport package and a manual transmission. It rode a lot better than the 335i (without a sport package), but the steering is just does not have the BMW DNA. Nor do the brakes. And whew, man was it slow...
Wow you were being so rude to that poor salesman