View Single Post
      07-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #42
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Yawn. Look at all these saps just giving in to the corporate crap talk. "Oh, 600HP is more than enough and just fine and dandy!" Yeah, if you don't know what you're doing. If you don't want fast cars, go buy some base 3er/5er and be done with it. If Ferrari and McLaren can offer ~900HP RWD supercars, there's no reason BMW couldn't either.

The real issue is, BMW knows their consumer base. They're not sports car drivers. This is more apparent than ever in the new M3/4. I owned the E92 M3, and that was a big jump up from the E46 M3. The new F8x M is just a little touch up and repackaging. Since they're going to limit their top end in performance, they have to limit their M3/4 cars as well. Even if they work on carbon tech and keep getting the weight down, which they will never be close to 3000lbs again, you're still going to be driving a specific power:weight that isn't all that amazing.

Enjoy your neutered cars. I ditched BMW a month ago and bought a 2002 C5 Z06 Corvette and am in the process of turning it into a real track monster. RWD and 6spd manual, as god intended. I'm aiming for 450RWHP in a car that weighs 3150lbs. I'll see you guys on the road