View Single Post
      02-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #19
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Psycho-somatic reactions are no joke. I still remember taking my brother for an infusion. We go downstairs (why the fuck do you put pediatric oncology in the basement???) and as we get out of the elevator he pukes in a trash can. "You OK?" "Yeah, just thinking about the treatment"

I tell the nurse about the can as we are checking in and she just sort of shrugged it off and said housekeeping does regular rounds on all the trash cans.

He didn't have his hair back yet, but he lead the Congo line at my wedding, with a champagne bottle in hand
Yes. Just past midway through my treatment, just the smell of the clinic would get my stomach upset. I had to fight the nausea while the nurses were doing their pre chemo stuff. I kept saying when the heck are they going to pump the Ativan into me so I can be knocked out. I went from doing work on my work laptop in the beginning to wanting to be unconscious. There were times I didn't want to go through treatment....literally in tears.

So good to hear your brother had bounced back to his vibrant self.