View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

I have the Chamberlain MyQ also. I don't recall if it has voice command capability. The app works great though. You can send notifications to your email and phone when the door opens or closes. The newer model has the ability to monitor the battery life of the door sensor. It also has scheduling capabilities with closing the door. So you can set the time for the system to automatically close the door if it's left open by accident. Prevents you from having the garage door open all night.

I have the newer system at my primary home and moved the older one to my vacation home. The single app controls both. I've been running the older system for about 3 to 4 years now. No issues. I just got the newer one a bout a year ago. The newer one is paired with a Genie garage door opener and the older one is paired to a Liftmaster opener.

The only thing you might find annoying is when you close the door through the system, it would sound an annoying beep beep for a few seconds as the strobe light in the unit flashes. It's a safety thing to ensure anyone around knows the door is about to close.

I seem to recall there is some integration with I think Nest or Ring security cameras.