View Single Post
      04-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Arrow Emma's Obsession With Flatulence (Eisenmann Sport)

Back a while ago, I had a chance to compare the OEM exhausts with that of an Eisenmann Sport set. Suffice it to say... I was impressed:

So after a bit of thought (and a lot of rummaging of couches for spare change)... these German engineered beauties found their way home.

Comparison between the two (both weighed about the same at ~22.5lbs on the home scale):

Halfway done:

Done!

After the install, I had an opportunity to test it out for an entire day. I looked at the entire rev range as well as sound levels at different speeds (cruising, soft & hard acceleration). Relative to its form and function, I can conclude (again) that these are the perfect mufflers for anyone who wants a deeper, louder exhaust note but not over the top.

The sound is just intoxicating, yet mature enough not to disturb the neighbours. It really is an amicable setup... loud when you want it to be and civilized while cruising (at ~60-70mph, they are actually quieter than stock). The sweet spot seems to be at ~2500-3000rpm when the sound just shuts out. Below that and you get a nice deep rumble. Above that and the sound is mean yet purposeful. Damn, I'm chuffed!

And the best thing of all... NO RASP! You get a couple of burbles/pops, but not too much so as to make it annoying.

Last edited by Rick Hunter; 04-12-2009 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0