Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
The "drone" is from about 65 mph to 69 mph BUT ONLY in 7th gear when applying the gas - I have learned to shift more aggressively to avoid this issue when I need to accelerate briskly. At normal highway speeds 70mph+ it is not an issue. Yes, it is a little louder but we are aggressive people and like it. A similar drone is when in 7th at 45 mph and applying the gas - I think you get the picture. Just shift more aggressively and don't try to save gas by lugging the motor.

I think the key here is to know what you are. I am a maniac - like power, speed, noise, gas/oil fumes, and burning tires. A full throttle as often as possible type of guy and my wife is very similar. If you like quiet journeys with gentle breezes and french wine - do not get this exhaust. I drink single malt scotch neat.
We are both the same. Love an aggressive exhaust. Throttle tip in drone is not a big deal. Can't handle a steady drone at highway speed. I would expect most any aftermarket exhaust to have a low rpm tip in drone. As long as it goes away it's all good.
Appreciate 0