Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW 540

Garage List
2019 BMW 540  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
You make $70k you can more than afford to live on your own so move out. Problem solved.

If you don't have the cojones to just walk out then maybe come up with some kind of compromise. Like you will go to college, but only if you live on your own or something. Then take night classes for some business degree or something. Maybe some online school.

As for the degree IMO it depends on what you plan to do. I have a BS that I have never used or even been asked what kind of degree I had. Although my field is more about samples of your work and some places make you take some tests they setup. Now I have my own business and I also have never looked at what degree anyone I've contracted work out to has. Now if you want to be a doctor.... probably going to need a degree.
I mean, my plan is to become a Sales Manager/Used car manager. No, not because I am young and want to be a manager or whatever. I believe I have the skills to be a good manager.

I'm always helping around and training new employees we hire. Explaining features to them and helping them with customers. I know there's more than that to a manager's position.

I believe I can make a well-used car manager also. I know about cars, I can price them right and make logical decisions when it comes to selling them and putting work into them to sell.

The current GM at my job kinda sucks. Recently, we sold a 21 Mustang Mach-E for 15k over sticker (MSRP $55k we sold it for $70k +TTL). The customer traded in a 2019 Ford F-250 platinum with 39k miles for the Mach-E. The GM gave the customer $72k for his truck. The trade-in value is around $65k. Retail is $70k. He gave the customers $5k above trade-in and $2k above retail. Just to get our car out.

Now the F-250 is priced at $78k. $8k above retail. If no one buys it within 90 days, we'll have to drop the price to around $67k to get any action. It's going to automatically be a loser.

He should've dropped the market adjustment on the Mach-E to about $5k and gave the guy around $60k-62k for his trade-in. That way, it's even on both sides.

Now we're going to be flipped on the F-250 and whoever ends up selling it after 90 days is only going to be making a mini ($100).

Last edited by Mosaud1998; 09-16-2021 at 03:34 PM..