View Single Post
      09-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #51
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I'm 31, so probably a bit closer in age to you. While I'm not Asian, my parents were very strict growing up. In the end, they want what is best for you. The real answer of "what should I do?" is always somewhere in the middle between what they want and what you want.

While I laugh at those who chant "YOLO" before doing something regrettable, there is some truth to that. You only get one chance at life, make sure you are doing something worthwhile that you enjoy. I have known too many people who worked their whole life at a job they hated trying to plan for the future, only to die 2 years after retiring. The goal is to do something you don't hate, while also making enough to live a decent life.

My father always said it's good to have options in life. I've had many different jobs, and ultimately ended up working in the Technology field although my degree has nothing to do with computer science. I will say having the degree opens up more options down the road. It's 2 more years, and my advice would be to go for something in business, that way you can apply it to what you are doing now and your future in the automotive field. You don't have to quit your job and go back to school, there are plenty of options to do online courses, or do courses part-time while you work. If you love the field you are in, stick with it, and use the degree to further your career in that field, or as a back-up plan in case what you are doing now doesn't work out.

Knowing how my parents were, it's easier to have a conversation with them when you have a plan. If you decide to pursue business just say I love the field I'm in, it makes me happy, and these are my plans for the future and how I'm going to be successful.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
chassis6537.50
Mosaud19983940.50
upstatedoc7559.50
ASAP10159.00