08-24-2020, 08:52 AM   #85
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post

Maybe you cant believe it because you haven't been kind enough to receive any grace during your traffic stops
You mean like when pulled over at night I immediately turn on my interior lights, roll down my window, have my wallet on the dashboard, and keep my hands visible on the steering wheel until the LEO walks up to my window and asks to see my license etc.? I'm always nice to the police officer and courteous, since I KNOW I was speeding. At my age now, I don't waste my time fighting speeding tickets because 100% of the time I am speeding and radar is highly accurate.

In the instance I pointed out about not riding with my license. I took my motorcycle out to just warm it up since I had to start the engine to get it back in the garage. You need to understand I live in a rural county so there is little traffic at any time of the day and 20 minutes you can rip off a good 17 miles. So I decided to go on an extended run. I was in shorts and a tee shirt since I had been working in the yard all day (I never ride in shorts unless I'm just going down the road and back, which is five miles).

The county sheriff's office had set up a check-point checking for drivers licenses. So I pulled over and said, "You're not going to like me very much". He replied, " Oh? Why not?" I said "I'm sorry, I don't have my license on me, but I have my registration." He wrote the ticket and said "If you can get back here in a half hour (before we leave), I'll tell the judge you produced the license and he'll drop the charge; you'll not even need to come to court." And that's how it played out.

He was the same Deputy that dropped a reckless driving down to a seatbelt violation 5 months later.

So yeah, I know the drill as much as you do.